Best Laptop choice for 2024

• April 28, 2024 at 2:56 pm #438047
      Andrew Williams
      Participant

My Dell Precision 7540 is running pretty slow and cant handle big rooms, with multiple Catalogs. 3D  is very sluggish if in color (texture with edges)

Thinking of buying a new one-actually my company needs to buy me a new one, but they are dragging their feet like companies often do.

Does anyone know of a good one —with a great graphics card?

I read the current requirements, but nothing like a personal endorsement from a 2020 Pro.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

• May 16, 2024 at 8:44 pm #438363

May not be available outside Australia but we recently bought 2 of these and they are our new default for Designers. https://www.metabox.com.au/store/Alpha-S-Range/Buy

We went with 17.3″ Screen, i9-13900H, (14 core, 20 thread, up to 5.4GHz), 32GB RAM, 1TB – PCIe 4.0 – Metabox NVMe M.2 SSD and NVidia RTX3050 4GB.

These things are beasts – fastest laptops I have ever seen! A bit chunky and the power supply is big but holy heck, they render and generate the Panoramics incredibly fast. We went with 1920×1080 res screens (our Designers generally use 2×27″ screens and a 60″ 4K display when in the office) but you can get a QHD (3K) option.

• August 6, 2024 at 4:56 pm #439273
        Peggy Sue McIsaac
        Participant

I bought an Acer Predator about a year ago to use when I have to do design work from home. I don’t work at home a lot, but so far, I am very happy with the laptop. It’s fast and the renderings are good quality.

I have found it is best to go as far above and beyond the system requirements as possible-RAM, processor, and graphics card. Prior to my Predator, I had a desktop that was built from the ground up specifically for 2020. That was the best system I’ve ever used for 2020.

• July 26, 2024 at 8:53 am #439209
      ivy michael
      Participant

Choosing the best laptop for 2024 depends on your needs. I recommend looking for models with the latest processors, ample RAM, and high-resolution displays. Prioritize used trupulse 200l battery life and portability if you’re frequently on the go. Researching user reviews and comparing specs can help ensure you select the optimal machine for your requirements.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.